tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From kaz...@ingrid.org (Kazuhiro Kazama)
Subject Re: About jsp:include
Date Wed, 29 Nov 2000 08:02:04 GMT
Thank you, Craig.

From: "Craig R. McClanahan" <Craig.McClanahan@eng.sun.com>
Subject: Re: About jsp:include
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 22:38:43 -0800
>     <%@ page contentType="text;html; charset=euc-jp" %>
>     <jsp:include page="index.html.ja" flush="true" />

For example, the following example is failed when "test.html" is
stored in Shift_JIS, but is worked well when "test.html" is stored in
EUC-JP.

<%@ page contentType="text/html; charset=shift_jis" %>
<jsp:include page="test.html" flush="true"/>

My environment is:

OS: Solaris 2.8
Locale:	ja (EUC-JP)

If all included file is always converted from platform native
character encoding, we can't serve files written in various character
encodings...

> doing in your example above) is not going to work, because the JSP
> page compiler is going to assume you always want the platform
> default character encoding (since there was no declared character
> encoding at compile time).

The jsp:include action is executed in request-time.

Anyway, my privious program is a little tricky:-), but this problem(?)
may be general.

Kazuhiro Kazama (kazama@ingrid.org)	NTT Network Innovation Laboratories