tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Costin Manolache <cmanola...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: EmbededTomcat.java requires jsse
Date Wed, 22 Nov 2000 01:18:05 GMT
I don't like that - tomcat is supposed to depend
only on JDK1.1  and a minimal number of extensions
( jaxp is the only required extension ).

All non-jdk1.1, non-standard extensions can be used,
but shouldn't be required to build standalone tomcat.

I don't know if it's too late to change this - it
seems
we just need to replace

   sc.setSocketFactory(new
org.apache.tomcat.net.SSLSocketFactory());

with
 	sc.setAttribute( "socketFactory",
"org.apache.tomcat.net.SSLSocketFactory");

and remove the import line.

I know it's not the the easiest solution, but I think
it's worth the added complexity - it is still a
requirement to support JDK1.1 and work with a minimal
set of library ( and JSSE is a very special one
anyway, export, etc).

Costin

--- Mike Anderson <MMANDERS@novell.com> wrote:
> I updated my source from CVS yesterday and all of
> the sudden I couldn't build.  I got an error saying
> javax.net.ServeSocketFactory not found in import
> when trying to build

src\share\org\apache\tomcat\net\SSLSocketFactory.java.