tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From mathew jimmy <mathewji...@yahoo.com>
Subject [BUG]JSP include causes IllegalStateException
Date Fri, 17 Nov 2000 06:01:03 GMT
Hello
 I am using Tomcat 3.1 with IIS 4.0 on Windows NT 4.0
Pentium 233 MMX machine and JDK 1.3 .
 When I include a JSP file in another JSP file the
page does not come properly.
 It shows an 'IllegalStateException: Cannot forward as
OutputStream or Writer has already been obtained'.
 I have a file login.jsp which validates a user and on
successful login includes another JSP file depending
upon the type of user. The following error is reported

IllegalStateException: Cannot forward as OutputStream
or Writer has already been obtained

I couldnt find a workaround for this problem.

The same file i had been able to run on a win 98
machine with PWS 4.0 JDK 1.2.2 and Pentium Pro 200.

Please help me to solve this problem. Any help would
be appreciated.