tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From BugRat Mail System <tomcat-b...@cortexity.com>
Subject BugRat Report #424 has been filed.
Date Thu, 23 Nov 2000 08:07:03 GMT
Bug report #424 has just been filed.

   <http://znutar.cortexity.com/BugRatViewer/ShowReport/424>

REPORT #424 Details.

Project: Tomcat
Category: Bug Report
SubCategory: New Bug Report
Class: swbug
State: received
Severity: critical
Confidence: public
Environment:
   Release: 3.1
   JVM Release: 1.2
   Operating System: Windows NT
   OS Release: 4.0
   Platform: Intel

Synopsis:
Tomcat does not see derived setter methods of tag handlers

Let's say that I have two classes. The first one is the base class to provide basic attributes
for the tag handler I'm implementing. The second one is the actual tag handler to be used
in the page. Here is how the code will look like.

class A extends TagSupport {
   public void setAttrib(int x) { ... }
}

class B extends A {
}

Assume further that I have the proper TLD file to specify tat "Attrib" is a translation-time
attribute. Tomcat does not see the method setAttrib() in class B. What I'm getting is just
IllegalAccessException.

If I were to override the setAttrib() method in B, then Tomcat can see it.