tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Rahul RM Desai" <rah...@aztec.soft.net>
Subject Problem With Tomcat
Date Mon, 27 Nov 2000 06:35:46 GMT

Hi all,

I am facing this unusual problem. Today, I am not able to start the Tomcat v3.1(Win NT 4.0).
When I use the "tomcat run" option, I get the following exception :

D:\Installs\jakarta-tomcat\bin>tomcat run
Using classpath: d:\installs\jakarta-tomcat\classes;d:\installs\jakarta-tomcat\lib\webserver.jar;d:\installs\jakarta-tomcat\lib\jasper.jar;d:\installs\jakarta-tomcat\lib\xml.jar;d:\installs\jakarta-tomcat\lib\servlet.jar;d:\jdk1.2.2\lib\tools.jar;
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.sun.xml.parser.Parser
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:191)
        at org.xml.sax.helpers.ParserFactory.makeParser(ParserFactory.java:124)
        at org.apache.tomcat.util.xml.XmlMapper.readXml(XmlMapper.java:191)
        at org.apache.tomcat.startup.Tomcat.execute(Tomcat.java:143)
        at org.apache.tomcat.startup.Tomcat.main(Tomcat.java:163)
FATAL: configuration error
java.lang.Exception: Error creating sax parser
        at org.apache.tomcat.util.xml.XmlMapper.readXml(XmlMapper.java:207)
        at org.apache.tomcat.startup.Tomcat.execute(Tomcat.java:143)
        at org.apache.tomcat.startup.Tomcat.main(Tomcat.java:163)

When we tried importing the same com.sun.xml.parser.Parser in another test java file, It is
properly compiling and executing.
Why is the tomcat failing to locate the com.sun.xml.parser.Parser(in the xml.jar file)?The
xml.jar file, as you can see is set in the classpath properly.

Note :
 1. We also tried the
"java -cp d:\installs\jakarta-tomcat\lib\xml.jar -Dtomcat.home="%TOMCAT_HOME%" org.apache.tomcat.startup.Tomcat"
option, which gave the same exception.

2. We tried a fresh Installation of tomcat, which didn't help.

3. This is happening only on my machine.This was recently affected by the navidad virus, but
was cleaned.

Any help regarding this problem will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance
regards
Rahul Desai