BugRat Report # 194

Project: Tomcat Release: 3.2b5, 3.2b4
Category: Bug Report SubCategory: New Bug Report
Class: swbug State: received
Confidence: public

Submitter: Mike Bremford ( mikeb@paperx.com )
Date Submitted: Oct 3 2000, 08:01:39 CDT
Responsible: Z_Tomcat Alias ( tomcat-bugs@cortexity.com )

Synopsis:
POST of more than 8k of data via mod_jk gives ArrayIndexOutOfBounds
Environment: (jvm, os, osrel, platform)
1.2.2, Solaris, 2.7, Sparc

Additional Environment Description:

Report Description:
When POSTing a large amount of data to a JSP (we're testing with about 10k) to Tomcat via Apache 1.3.12 with mod_jk, I get an "ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 8186". This doesn't happen when calling Tomcat directly. I haven't checked mod_jserv Here's the stack trace, edited slightly for brevity. Exception in: R( + /about/press/admin/EditPressRelease.jsp + null) - java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 8186 at org.apache.tomcat.service.connector.Ajp13ConnectorRequest.doRead org.apache.tomcat.service.connector.Ajp13ConnectorRequest.doRead org.apache.tomcat.core.BufferedServletInputStream.doRead org.apache.tomcat.core.BufferedServletInputStream.read javax.servlet.http.HttpUtils.parsePostData org.apache.tomcat.util.RequestUtil.readFormData org.apache.tomcat.core.RequestImpl.handleParameters org.apache.tomcat.core.RequestImpl.getParameterValues org.apache.tomcat.core.RequestImpl.getParameter org.apache.tomcat.facade.HttpServletRequestFacade.getParameter org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.preCompile org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.doService org.apache.tomcat.core.Handler.service org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.service org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.internalService org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service org.apache.tomcat.service.connector.Ajp13ConnectionHandler.processConnection org.apache.tomcat.service.TcpWorkerThread.runIt org.apache.tomcat.util.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run java.lang.Thread.run

View this report online...