tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Mulder <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: Tomcat 3.2 proposal question
Date Thu, 12 Oct 2000 20:56:35 GMT
	For my 2 cents (yeah, okay, so what if it's worthless), I'd much
prefer "Tomcat".  That is, after all, the name of the product.  I'm not
really sure what "jakarta" means (other than a collection of open-source
Java stuff), and it certainly doesn't add much.  Kind of like the programs
that install under Windows to a start menu folder like
"Company, Inc./Software/Tools/Program".  Why?

Aaron