tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Lamb <p...@oil-law.com>
Subject RE: Catalina & Welcome Files
Date Sun, 01 Oct 2000 00:56:53 GMT
Thanks, I looked at the spec this morning thinking about the samething. I
also wish that they'd define a standard authentication procedure. I have
client apps in several different servlet engines and I'm going nuts trying
to keep up with all the different realm implementations (or lack of).

I ran into a problem after updating from CVS about an hour ago, any servlet
marked as load on startup doesn't load. This was working fine on thursday.
This is is stack trace that I get:

java.lang.ClassCastException: com.olrcorp.servlets.DocIndex2
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.load(StandardWrapper.java:736)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:2376)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1160)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1160)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.start(StandardEngine.java:217)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.start(StandardService.java:323)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.start(StandardServer.java:454)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:639)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.execute(Catalina.java:596)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.process(Catalina.java:169)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:133)