tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "David Soroko" <dav...@mannanetwork.com>
Subject Strange behavior with context mapping and <load-on-startup>
Date Tue, 31 Oct 2000 09:44:31 GMT
I am observing the following behavior which I do not understand (Tomcat 3.1
and 3.2b6)

The setup:

The appdev Hello sample servlet to which the method  init (ServletConfig
config)
has been added. It just prints a line of text.

To the servlet's web.xml the <load-on-startup>1</load-on-startup> element
has been added

To the server.xml the Context element has been added:
       <Context path=""
                 docBase="webapps/myapp"
                 debug="0"

        </Context>

What I see, is that  when Tomcat starts the init() method is being invoked
twice.

Is this a correct behavior or is there something illegal about path="" ?

David Soroko
Manna Inc.

http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Campus/1628/
mailto://davids@mannanetwork.com