tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Adalbert Wysocki <wa...@imediation.com>
Subject URL rewriting for session encoding
Date Mon, 09 Oct 2000 11:47:06 GMT
Hi all,
I am using Tomcat 3.1 (last Tomcat release) with Apache 1.3.12.

Using rewriteURL function to encode session in URLS' I have following
problem:

 * rewriting an relative path (like '/servlet/MyServletName'), the result is
right and the session is correctly encoded in the URL
('/servlet/MyServletName;jsessionid=<SID>' if cookies are not accepted by
session's client)
 * rewriting an absolute path (like 'http://host/servlet/MyServletName'),
systematically the session is not encoded in the URL (always
'http://host/servlet/MyServletName' even if current session's client does
not accept cookies)

Could someone tell me if it is a reported and may already fixed bug or it is
a normal behavior (not specified in 2.2 Servlet specs)?

Adalbert Wysocki
Software Engineer
www.imediation.com