tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From ru...@us.ibm.com
Subject Re: Prep for Beta 6
Date Mon, 02 Oct 2000 13:21:00 GMT

> Hi Sam,
>
> I was going to commit Rob S.'s update this afternoon
> as well as a couple of documentation updates of my
> own.  Were you planning the beta 6 build for tonight,
> or has it already occurred?

I submitted the builds, but I can hold off posting the results and resubmit
tomorrow morning.

> P.S. The binaries on the IBM ftp site have had
> problems this last week.  Watchdog isn't building
> (i.e. the watchdog files have been very short) and
> jakarta-tomcat.zip contains a recent version of
> Ant instead of Version 1.1.

The builds posted to
http://oss.software.ibm.com/developerworks/opensource/jakarta/nightly.html
were meant to serve multiple purposes - in fact, one of the purposes is to
provide the nightly builds of Ant.  I use the same resources to produce the
official 3.x binaries - I simply do a "cvs update -R ANT_11" before
building.  (And usually a cvs update -A after, but I have been known to
forget)

- Sam Ruby