tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Aur Gal <...@dovesolutions.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat 4.0 build
Date Thu, 19 Oct 2000 21:27:10 GMT
I remember trying to do that a while ago and it was a nightmare. I succeeded
in the end by moving alot of files around according to what it told me in
the exceptions. I managed to build it but I never got it working.

-----Original Message-----
From: avm@satori.com [mailto:avm@satori.com]
Sent: None
To: tomcat-dev@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Re: Tomcat 4.0 build

I was trying to build 4.0 from scratch

this was in trying to build jasper

I get the following:

build-main:
    [javac] Compiling 1 source file to
/export/home/avm/src/TOMCAT/4.0/jakarta-tomcat-4.0-m3/build/jasper/classes
    [javac]
/export/home/avm/src/TOMCAT/4.0/jakarta-tomcat-4.0-m3/src/jasper/src/share/o
rg/apache/jasper/compiler/ParserXJspSax.java:146: Method getXMLReader() not
found in class javax.xml.parsers.SAXParser.
    [javac]             XMLReader parser = saxParser.getXMLReader();
    [javac]                                                      ^
    [javac] 1 error

what am I missing.

--
Freddie  Mendoza