tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From pe...@aliaron.com
Subject [ ANN ] Servlet-based News Aggregation/Presentation Bundled With Apache Tomcat
Date Fri, 13 Oct 2000 23:43:01 GMT
Hi,

The latest alpha release of our andere/iS Portal suite of products is available. Andere/iS
Portal is a suite of servlet-based web solutions bundled with Apache Tomcat and leveraging
JavaMail.

The major new feature is aggregation and presentation of ocs/rss feeds so you can set up personal,
workgroup, etc. news sites similar to e.g. meerkat. The alpha distribution is packaged with
a pre-categorized moreover ocs import but you can use the administration interface to import
other ocs catalogs.

The latest alpha package is available from:

http://www.andere.com/andere-iS/download/download.html

One of our goals ( not yet achieved ) in the dynamic content portal space is to allow anyone
to bring up a site in 15 minutes or less that
delivers the same value as e.g. meerkat and for these sites to then
be optionally networked. Please let us know how we are doing.

Regards, Pete
--
pete bonham, ceo
aliaron, inc.