tomcat-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Simon Oldeboershuis, outermedia" <...@outermedia.de>
Subject tomcat 3.2b6 Bug?
Date Tue, 31 Oct 2000 09:26:28 GMT
Hi,

I think I just discovered a BUG in tomcat 3.2b6. It depends on a VERY
specific context and directory naming/configuration.

my context is called
    mycontext
additionally there is a file directory which contains jsp-files which is
also called
    mycontext

In server.xml I did configure a virtual host name and mapped the context
directly on root.

        <Host name="host.domain.com" >
           <Context path=""
                    docBase="webapps/mycontext" />
        </Host>

In Apache there is the following configuration:
        DocumentRoot /usr/local/tomcat3.2b6/webapps/mycontext
        ServerName host.domain.com
        ErrorLog /var/log/mycontext.de.error_log
        CustomLog /var/log/mycontext.de.access_log combined
        Alias /mycontext "/usr/local/tomcat3.2b6/webapps/mycontext"
        <Location "/mycontext/WEB-INF/">
            AllowOverride None
            deny from all
        </Location>
        <Location "/mycontext/META-INF/">
            AllowOverride None
            deny from all
        </Location>
        <Directory "/usr/local/tomcat3.2b6/webapps/mycontext">
                Options FollowSymLinks
                Options -Indexes
        </Directory>
       ApJServMount default ajpv12://localhost:8326/mycontext
       # tomcat handler via jserv
       AddType      text/jsp .jsp
       AddHandler   jserv-servlet .jsp

I just renamed the context and that's ok, but if this is a common
problem, it should be added to some documentation.

So long!
    Simon




PS: I am working on a Linux Box with jdk1.3 and tomcat 3.2 beta 6.

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/mixed (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message