tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From John Thorhauer <jthorha...@phoenixcolor.com>
Subject document moved message
Date Mon, 16 Oct 2000 12:02:16 GMT
I am running a web application with tomcat 3.2 beta 6 and am having a problem.
If I use the following URL everything works fine:
http://172.16.0.230/servlet/MyApp/

However if I restart tomcat and leave off the trailing / like this:
http://172.16.0.230/servlet/MyApp

I get a return message that says

Document moved
this document has moved here

The "here" in the message is a link to the same URL
(http://172.16.0.230/servlet/MyApp) which works when I try it the second
time.  I am having the same problem when I try and do servlet mapping in
tomcat.  The app that I am running is a turbine application.  Here is what my web.xml looks
like:

<web-app>
        <servlet>
            <servlet-name>MyApp</servlet-name>
            <servlet-class>org.apache.turbine.Turbine</servlet-class>
            <init-param>
                <param-name>properties</param-name>
                <param-value>WEB-INF/conf/TurbineResources.properties</param-value>
            </init-param>
        <load-on-startup>
                1
            </load-on-startup>