tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Bob Jamison <rjami...@lincom-asg.com>
Subject Re: Q for tc4: Servlet.jar
Date Fri, 13 Oct 2000 17:08:57 GMT

"Craig R. McClanahan" wrote:

> The startup scripts (catalina.sh and catalina.bat) were also modified to
> include this JAR on the classpath.  Are you sure that your versions of
> everything got updated correctly?  What does your console window say the
> classpath is when it starts TC4 for you?

Yes, I have been finding a lot of the changes this morning.  The
server seems to be up and running now (and your Embedded
class runs OK from my C wrapper,  yaaay!).   Now I am
getting into some of the minor details, like commenting out
the <filter> placeholder in /example's web.xml, and stuff.

I will probably get the servlet & jsp examples going by the
end of the day.  Thanks.

By the way, I made a JNI 'RegisterNatives' section in my C
wrapper for the ServletOutputStream/InputStreams to read
and write via C.  Currently it is just a simple char-by-char
read/write, but I was wondering,  do you think there is any
real speed increase overloading Input/OutputStreams'
byte[] buffer read/writes with natives?   It
would -seem- faster, although converting a Java byte
array to a C uchar array is not cheap;
it might burn up any efficiency savings.  Any opinions?

Bob