tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <Craig.McClana...@eng.sun.com>
Subject Re: Q for tc4: Servlet.jar
Date Fri, 13 Oct 2000 16:31:53 GMT
Bob Jamison wrote:

> On rebuilding this morning with the jaxp-1.1 stuff,
> I noticed that servlet.jar does not seem to be making
> it into /build or /dist.    This produces a NoClassDefFoundError
> for  javax/servlet/ServletRequest.   Is there something
> I'm missing? It runs fine if I manually copy
> servlet.jar into /dist/lib.

Recently the distribution location of the "servlet.jar" file got moved
from the "lib" subdirectory to the "bin" subdirectory.  This is because
the servlet classes are among the very few that need to be on the system
classpath and thus visible to both the Catalina class loader and the
class loaders for webapps to avoid class cast problems.

The startup scripts (catalina.sh and catalina.bat) were also modified to
include this JAR on the classpath.  Are you sure that your versions of
everything got updated correctly?  What does your console window say the
classpath is when it starts TC4 for you?

> Bob Jamison
> LinCom Corp

Craig

                                    Applications to Tomcat