tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Hans Bergsten <h...@gefionsoftware.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat 3.2 proposal question
Date Thu, 12 Oct 2000 20:33:55 GMT
Larry Isaacs wrote:

> Given that enhancing the distribution build process is
> being considered, is it settled that the binary distribution
> will continue using "jakarta-tomcat", or is it to be
> switched to "tomcat"?
>
> In the documentation, I will try to make sure the Windows
> examples would match unzipping the binary distribution
> to the root of the drive being used in the example.

My vote is to keep "jakarta-tomcat". The motive is selfish; that's
the name I use in the examples in my JSP book. But I'm sure I'm
not the only one, and that there's a lot of documentation all over
the place that use this name.

Everyone has an opinion about names, but finding a name that everyone
agrees on is pretty much impossible. What would we really gain by
changing it?

Hans
--
Hans Bergsten		hans@gefionsoftware.com