tomcat-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Hans Bergsten <h...@gefionsoftware.com>
Subject Re: BugRat Report #214 has been filed.
Date Thu, 05 Oct 2000 01:01:55 GMT
BugRat Mail System wrote:
> 
> Bug report #214 has just been filed.
> 
> You can view the report at the following URL:
> 
>    <http://znutar.cortexity.com:8888/BugRatViewer/ShowReport/214>
> 
> REPORT #214 Details.
> 
> Project: Jasper
> Category: Bug Report
> SubCategory: New Bug Report
> Class: swbug
> State: received
> Priority: medium
> Severity: critical
> Confidence: public
> Environment:
>    Release: 3.1, 3.2b4
>    JVM Release: any
>    Operating System: any
>    OS Release: any
>    Platform: any
> 
> Synopsis:
> Taglib TLD parsing does not match JSP spec
> 
> Description:
> JSP spec (and DTD) calls for the 'taglib' element of the
> TLD to contain a sub-element called 'uri'.
> TagLibraryInfoImpl.java, however, accepts only 'urn' in
> the parseTLD() method.
> TagLibraryInfoImpl has both a urn and uri member, and I
> believe there is some confusion in the code regarding
> their use.
> 
> As the code stands, tag libraries don't seem to work at
> all -- if I change taglib.tld to have a 'urn' element,
> parseXMLDoc() fails because the XML does not match the
> DTD.  If I leave it as a 'uri' element,
> jsp.warning.unknown.element.in.TLD is triggered.

Looking at the code, it seems like it's a bug that an element named
"urn" is processed instead of the "uri" element. But I assume this
only means that the "uri" element is (incorrectly) ignored but that
the TLD is still parseable. Since the "uri" element is intended to
be used by development tools rather than the container, this should
not be a fatal problem.

I have used Tomcat 3.2 Beta 4 with many tag libraries that use the "uri" 
element in the TLD without problem.

Hans
-- 
Hans Bergsten		hans@gefionsoftware.com
Gefion Software		http://www.gefionsoftware.com

Mime
View raw message