tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Sebastien Alborini <sebastien.albor...@m4x.org>
Subject Re: Tomcat + jBoss class loader integration
Date Wed, 04 Oct 2000 04:12:49 GMT
"Craig R. McClanahan" wrote:

> I'm glad that you got this to work.  However, there is only one minor problem with your
patch -- it is not
> compatible with JDK 1.1, and we're trying to maintain 1.1 compatibility for Tomcat 3.2
(with 4.0 it won't matter
> because Java2 is required, and the context class loader is already set :-).
>
> To get around this, the Java2 specific functionality has been encapsulated in a RequestInterceptor
> (org.apache.tomcat.request.Jdk12Interceptor).  If you ensure that this interceptor is
installed, the context class
> loader will be set correctly and your patch should be unnecessary.

Hi,

Jdk12Interceptor is installed (I use EmbededTomcat default settings,
which include this interceptor), but it is not what I want.

What Jdk12Interceptor does is set the AdaptiveServletLoader as the
context class loader for the request thread.

What I want to do is use the context class loader of the deployment
thread (ie the application class loader that I feed before calling
addContext) as the parent loader for the AdaptiveServletLoader.  This
way my application class loader will always be seen, even after Jdk12I's
interception. (I hope I was clear)

About the jdk compatibility issue that you mention, I notice that
LoaderInterceptor has been replaced by 1.1 and 1.2 versions in later
CVS.  Maybe you can include my patch in the 1.2 ?

Regards,

Sebastien