tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <Craig.McClana...@eng.sun.com>
Subject Re: Too late to change ServletResponseWrapper?
Date Tue, 03 Oct 2000 17:23:13 GMT
James Cook wrote:

> It would be very convenient if there was a setResponse(ServletResponse
> response) method include in javax.servlet.ServletResponseWrapper. This would
> allow it to be used in a pooling mechanism. It can be a resonably expensive
> object to create per request (or multiple times per request), especially
> because subclasses may add alternative ourput/input streams to the subclass.
>
> jim

Since this is a spec related issue, I've forwarded this idea (which sounds
pretty good on the surface, but haven't thought all the way through it yet) to
the spec feedback address.  Any further suggestions for improving the servlet
API itself can be directed to:

    servletapi-feedback@eng.sun.com

Craig

                                    Applications to Tomcat