tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From GOMEZ Henri <hgo...@slib.fr>
Subject RE: Tomcat 3.2 proposal question
Date Fri, 13 Oct 2000 06:11:51 GMT
Hi,

To continue the thread, I wanna know if something was decided about
the split dir ?

http://archives2.real-time.com/pipermail/tomcat-devel/2000-August/005083.htm

I've got another question about my RPM packaging of TC 3.x and 4.0 (yes it's
finished)

John Summerfield [summer@OS2.ami.com.au] pointed out that /opt is mounted
Read-Only
on many Unix (Linux) systems.
I've changed the tomcat home dir to /home/tomcat (for TC 3.x) and
/home/tomcat4 (for TC 4.x).

John Summerfield told me that  /home is the wrong place, since /home is for
users' home directories
and may be shared amongst many computers.

Question, I'd like to have your proposition on where to set the TC home dir.

If the split of dirs is implemented (I'll take a look for it in TC 3.3), the
question
could be of minor importance, but for now it's a real (ethic) problem

Thanks for your suggestions...

Regards.

"Dans les révolutions, il y a deux sortes de gens: ceux qui les font et ceux
qui en profitent "
-- Napoleon