tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Arieh Markel <Arieh.Mar...@central.sun.com>
Subject Re: jsessionid wierdness
Date Mon, 16 Oct 2000 17:14:01 GMT

> list-help: <mailto:tomcat-dev-help@jakarta.apache.org>
> list-post: <mailto:tomcat-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
> Subject: Re: jsessionid wierdness
> From: Jon Stevens <jon@latchkey.com>
> To: <tomcat-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
>
> on 10/15/2000 4:25 PM, "Craig R. McClanahan" <Craig.McClanahan@eng.sun.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Well, I tried, but it's definitely not the answer you want to hear :-).  See
> > more
> > below.
>
> :-)
>
> > * Consider both and take whichever is valid (which begs the question of what
> > to do if they are *both* valid :-)
>
> You pick the first one that is valid so that isn't an issue.
>
> > * Consider that the app is providing inconsistent information and take
neither
> > (well, this probably isn't defensible, but sheesh :-).
>
> No.
>
> > Given that the behavior isn't spec'd, I would tend to take measures in my
app
> > to avoid situations where behavior is not guaranteed to be portable.
>
> How about making it a configurable option?

I would like that:

	session search order = cookie, url, <whatever else>

or

	<Parameter name="sessionSearchItem"
		value="cookie" \>

 	<Parameter name="sessionSearchItem"
 		value="url" \>

Implementation-wise, implement an 'addSessionSearchItem()' method
(and 'getSessionSearchItem()' for completeness).

(Obviously, order is preserved ...)

Arieh