tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Arieh Markel <Arieh.Mar...@central.sun.com>
Subject Question about relative paths/SSL configuration
Date Thu, 12 Oct 2000 14:10:50 GMT
In my embedding of tomcat, I have so far not taken advantage
of relative paths.

My main question is the following:

. are relative paths (in a server.xml, for example) relative to the
  'tomcat.home' or relative to the working directory ?

An example of the use I want to make, is the ability to specify the
ssl keystore on the server.xml file, and to (optimally) define relative
to that 'tomcat.home' value.

The code on SSLSocketFactory does not take advantage of the 'tomcat.home'
to define the default keystore, but of 'user.home'.

I would presume, to allow instantiation of multiple different servers
with the same 'tomcat.home' but with different keys.

Am I right ?

If that is not the case, wouldn't it be preferable that the default keystore
be on a path relative to 'tomcat.home' ?

Thanks,

Arieh