tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Chaffee <g...@edamame.stinky.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat 3.2 release proposal
Date Wed, 11 Oct 2000 18:31:15 GMT
> > I don't see these in jakarta-tomcat/bin in the binary build for beta
> > 6.  Shouldn't they be there somewhere?
>
> These are in the source distribution for Tomcat 3.2.  They get in
> the source distribution because that are part of jakarta-tomcat
> in CVS.  They are present in the source tree for MAIN branch too.

That was actually my point; sorry I didn't make it clearly.

I think that DLLs/.sos *should* be in the binary distribution too, and
that more of them should be there.  That way people can download one
tarball and make it work.

Whether they should be in a directory called "bin" is debatable.  I
think they should instead go in a directory called "native" (again,
this is in the binary build), so...

Binary dist:
TOMCAT_HOME/bin  -- scripts
TOMCAT_HOME/lib  -- jar files
TOMCAT_HOME/native  -- prebuilt native libraries and related files

Source dist (repository):
TOMCAT_HOME/src/native -- source for building native libraries

 - Alex