tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Chaffee <g...@edamame.stinky.com>
Subject generateConfigs option: should be ON by default
Date Wed, 11 Oct 2000 17:56:37 GMT
So it seems a "-generateConfigs" option has snuck in to tomcat.sh.
Was this discussed?  I can't find a thread where it was.

I don't like this at all, since all options should be set in
server.xml, and also since generating auto config files should be *on*
by default, to preserve expected behavior, and to reduce the number of
steps required to install tomcat into apache.

Proposal:

* Move -generateConfigs into server.xml as an attribute of
ContextManager (or is there something about it being run at startup
that precludes server.xml?)

* Make the option "true" by default

 - Alex

P.S. Ah, just found the following log msg:

date: 2000/09/17 07:52:44;  author: costin;  state: Exp;  lines: +132 -21
- made generation of apache config files optional.
XXX document it after it's tested and agreed

pretty sneaky, Costin! :-)