tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Chaffee <g...@edamame.stinky.com>
Subject build organization changes
Date Wed, 11 Oct 2000 17:46:48 GMT
Comments on code organization.  Please vote so we can change them in
time for the 3.2 release (though if not, then I'd still like to put
them in 3.3).

* I thought we had voted to make the default tomcat home directory
name "tomcat" (instead of "jakarta-tomcat").

  Pro: it would help disambiguate source from binary, it's
	simpler/more straightforward

(If you vote, please say +1 if you want "tomcat," -1 for "jakarta-tomcat")

* The source tarballs should be named jakarta-tomcat-src.tar.gz etc.,
to distinguish them from the binary tarballs, in case someone
downloads both

* I notice that jakarta-tomcat binary build contains all the Java
source code.  Is there a reason for this?  If not, let's strip the
source files from the binary tarball.