tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Chaffee <g...@edamame.stinky.com>
Subject mod_jk and 3.2 vs 3.3
Date Wed, 11 Oct 2000 16:35:00 GMT
Mike and Larry -

I notice that the main branch for Tomcat 3.3 still has the old version
of mod_jk-howto.html.  I imagine the same is true for Larry's other
changes to the 3.2 branch.

Shall I -

 * Ignore the 3.2 changes and incorporate Mike's mod_jk-howto.html
into the 3.3 branch?

 * Try to merge the 3.2 changes (being aware of hassles such as the
changing of directory structure and possible transcription errors)
into 3.3?

 * Wait for one of you to do one of the above?

I'm really annoyed -- well, that's too strong a word, let's say
uncomfortable -- with the fact that major, important changes are being
made to the 3.2 branch and not being incorporated into 3.3.

3.2 is already obsolete.  We need to ship it and move on.  If that
means there are glitches in 3.2, so be it.  People can just wait for
the next rev (which should happen much sooner, btw) or sync to CVS.
Statements like
> This needs
> to go in before 3.2 live!!!!!
are irresponsible and just promote the 3.2 legacy problem.

 - Alex