tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From BugRat Mail System <tomcat-b...@cortexity.com>
Subject BugRat Report #189 has been filed.
Date Sun, 01 Oct 2000 23:23:17 GMT
Bug report #189 has just been filed.

   <http://znutar.cortexity.com:8888/BugRatViewer/ShowReport/189>

REPORT #189 Details.

Project: Tomcat
Category: Feature Requests
SubCategory: Enhancement
Class: suggest
State: received
Severity: critical
Confidence: public
Environment:
   Release: 3.2 4b
   JVM Release: jdk 1.2.2
   Operating System: NT
   OS Release: 4.0
   Platform: window

Synopsis:
Classloader search order.

The loadClass() in loader/AdaptiveClassLoader class has

We are using Tomcat as our servlet container for our servlet application. We also uses XML
with different parser which cause package and class name conllisions with Tomcat.
Tomcat's class loader has no help in this case because or its loading ordering.
 Tomcat classload has the following order for loading a class:
   cache,
   parent,
   system,
   web apps repository

There is no way to have our classes loaded except to
change Tomcat's code. If we define our jar file in Tomcat's
classpath, Tomcat won't function correctly. So we have to
change Tomcat's order as: cache, repository, parent, then
system classpath. It works.
In general, if we want to keep classes in an application boundry, shouldn't we load classes
in web apps repository before loading from its parent? or system?

M. Balcom