tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From BugRat Mail System <tomcat-b...@cortexity.com>
Subject BugRat Report #214 has been filed.
Date Wed, 04 Oct 2000 23:30:13 GMT
Bug report #214 has just been filed.

   <http://znutar.cortexity.com:8888/BugRatViewer/ShowReport/214>

REPORT #214 Details.

Project: Jasper
Category: Bug Report
SubCategory: New Bug Report
Class: swbug
State: received
Severity: critical
Confidence: public
Environment:
   Release: 3.1, 3.2b4
   JVM Release: any
   Operating System: any
   OS Release: any
   Platform: any

Synopsis:
Taglib TLD parsing does not match JSP spec

JSP spec (and DTD) calls for the 'taglib' element of the
TLD to contain a sub-element called 'uri'.
TagLibraryInfoImpl.java, however, accepts only 'urn' in
the parseTLD() method.
TagLibraryInfoImpl has both a urn and uri member, and I
believe there is some confusion in the code regarding
their use.

As the code stands, tag libraries don't seem to work at
all -- if I change taglib.tld to have a 'urn' element,
parseXMLDoc() fails because the XML does not match the
DTD.  If I leave it as a 'uri' element,
jsp.warning.unknown.element.in.TLD is triggered.