tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From BugRat Mail System <tomcat-b...@cortexity.com>
Subject BugRat Report #194 has been filed.
Date Tue, 03 Oct 2000 13:02:40 GMT
Bug report #194 has just been filed.

   <http://znutar.cortexity.com:8888/BugRatViewer/ShowReport/194>

REPORT #194 Details.

Project: Tomcat
Category: Bug Report
SubCategory: New Bug Report
Class: swbug
State: received
Severity: critical
Confidence: public
Environment:
   Release: 3.2b5, 3.2b4
   JVM Release: 1.2.2
   Operating System: Solaris
   OS Release: 2.7
   Platform: Sparc

Synopsis:
POST of more than 8k of data via mod_jk gives ArrayIndexOutOfBounds

When POSTing a large amount of data to a JSP (we're testing with about 10k) to Tomcat via
Apache 1.3.12 with mod_jk, I get an "ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 8186".

This doesn't happen when calling Tomcat directly. I haven't checked mod_jserv

Here's the stack trace, edited slightly for brevity.

Exception in: R(  + /about/press/admin/EditPressRelease.jsp + null) - java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException:
8186
at org.apache.tomcat.service.connector.Ajp13ConnectorRequest.doRead
org.apache.tomcat.service.connector.Ajp13ConnectorRequest.doRead
org.apache.tomcat.core.BufferedServletInputStream.doRead
org.apache.tomcat.core.BufferedServletInputStream.read
javax.servlet.http.HttpUtils.parsePostData
org.apache.tomcat.util.RequestUtil.readFormData org.apache.tomcat.core.RequestImpl.handleParameters
org.apache.tomcat.core.RequestImpl.getParameterValues
org.apache.tomcat.core.RequestImpl.getParameter
org.apache.tomcat.facade.HttpServletRequestFacade.getParameter
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.preCompile
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service
org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.doService
org.apache.tomcat.core.Handler.service
org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.service
org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.internalService
org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service
org.apache.tomcat.service.connector.Ajp13ConnectionHandler.processConnection
org.apache.tomcat.service.TcpWorkerThread.runIt
org.apache.tomcat.util.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run
java.lang.Thread.run