tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Colin Evans" <cev...@bitmo.com>
Subject RequestDispatcher breaks cookies, response headers
Date Tue, 31 Oct 2000 22:13:15 GMT

Hi, I believe I  have found a bad bug in the RequestDispatcher
implementation.  If I do a successful RequestDispatcher.include() from one
servlet to another, it appears that no HTTP response headers are returned
except for "Content-Type".  Everything else seems to respond correctly.
"Location", "Content-Length", and "Servlet-Engine" headers as well as
headers set in the servlet are not returned, and neither are any session or
user cookies returned.  This basically breaks all
model-view-controller-based sites that use cookies, and for me is a serious
bug.

I've seen the problem on Tomcat 3.1 and 3.2b6.  I'm running NT4.0 with Sun
JDK 1.2.2.  I would appreciate ideas on work-arounds or patches.

Thanks!

Colin Evans
--
Colin Evans