tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "James Cook" <jimc...@iname.com>
Subject Moving utils to another package
Date Mon, 02 Oct 2000 15:16:48 GMT
I find myself using classes that exist in org.apache.catalina.util.*. After all,
they are really cool! However, the catalina classloader prevents there use in my
webapp, due to the package restriction. So what happens, is I end up copying the
source into my own package structure so I can use it. This seems pretty
wasteful, and makes improvements to the utility classes difficult to manage.

Aren't the classes in the util package screaming to be moved to a more
"shareable" package. I'm not aware of all the security ramifications (perhaps
SimplePool would be a risk?), but most of the classes are just darn useful.

jim