BugRat Report # 116

Project: Tomcat Release: Tomcat 3.1
Category: Bug Report SubCategory: New Bug Report
Class: swbug State: received
Confidence: public

Submitter: _Anonymous ( anonymous-bug@cortexity.com )
Date Submitted: Sep 14 2000, 08:36:26 CDT
Responsible: Z_Tomcat Alias ( tomcat-bugs@cortexity.com )

Synopsis:
JCE 1.2.1 support is not handled correctly
Environment: (jvm, os, osrel, platform)
Java2 JSDK 1.3 Release Candidate, Solaris , 2.7, Intel

Additional Environment Description:
Dual processor Dell 2450, 1 Gb mem

Report Description:
I am running the latest and greatest Java/Tomcat/JCE on a Solaris 2.7 intel box. I have loaded all the OS patches per the sun and java sites. I have a couple classes which implement the Blowfish encryption algorithm using the JCE. These work standalone when compiled using javac and executed via java command line. Each works if the JCE is statically configured via the java.security file or dynamically via the addProvider() call. When I call these classes from a jsp using Tomcat I get an error "Cannot set up certs for trusted CAs" I have tried using various JVMs by setting the jvm.cfg file (Hotspot, et. al) Standalone things work fine, jsp compilation/execution from Tomcat errors. Any help is appreciated.

How To Reproduce:
null

View this report online...