tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Allen Akers" <Ak...@cc.admin.unt.edu>
Subject Custom server-wide properties
Date Fri, 15 Sep 2000 14:34:27 GMT
I was looking through the server.xml to try to find a way to put in a custom property that
would be visible to all web applications within a Tomcat server, but I can't seem to find
it.  We have a development web server and several production web servers and I need to be
able to move my code from one to the other without changes, but have a mechanism whereby the
web server in which they are running can tell them whether they are development or production,
so that they will point to the appropriate back-end systems (which also have development and
production systems).  Thanks.

               Allen Akers
               Programmer Analyst
               Strategic Web and Voice Development