tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Harms <j...@clarionmag.com>
Subject Re: catalina extensiblity, WAS: Re: catalina realms
Date Wed, 13 Sep 2000 14:15:29 GMT
Craig,

> Yep :-).  That can be undone if it would be useful.

Not for me at this point - I'm looking again at intercepting all
requests in preService and handing security from there via a central
controlling servlet (similar to what you do in Struts, but I don't
have the luxury of mapping everything via a special file extension).

Any idea what the performance gain with a final JDBCRealm is, esp. as
related to the time taken up with db access itself?

Dave

Dave Harms
jdev@clarionmag.com