tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Mulder <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: loading of classes in tomcat 3.2b4 is _sloooooow_
Date Mon, 25 Sep 2000 20:05:59 GMT
	We saw something like this on jBoss once, and I think the slowdown
was the security system checking access permissions on all the JARs.  When
we put certain things on the main classpath instead of elsewhere, it got
way faster.  Just a thought - I know Tomcat has a boatload of ClassLoaders
just like jBoss.  As you can tell, I'm a little hazy on the specifics, but
I think Rickard detailed it on the mailing list, so you could search the
archives at http://www.jboss.org/mailing.htm

Aaron