tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Bauman <n...@cortexity.com>
Subject Re: BugRat Report #116 has been filed.
Date Thu, 14 Sep 2000 14:19:54 GMT
Try putting your lib with the blowfish cypher in with the WEB-INF instead
of within the tomcat classpath.

On Thu, 14 Sep 2000, BugRat Mail System wrote:

> Bug report #116 has just been filed.
>
> You can view the report at the following URL:
>
>    <http://znutar.cortexity.com:8888/BugRatViewer/ShowReport/116>
>
> REPORT #116 Details.
>
> Project: Tomcat
> Category: Bug Report
> SubCategory: New Bug Report
> Class: swbug
> State: received
> Severity: critical
> Confidence: public
> Environment:
>    Release: Tomcat 3.1
>    JVM Release: Java2 JSDK 1.3 Release Candidate
>    Operating System: Solaris
>    OS Release: 2.7
>    Platform: Intel
>
> Synopsis:
> JCE 1.2.1 support is not handled correctly

> I am running the latest and greatest Java/Tomcat/JCE on a Solaris 2.7 intel box. I have
loaded all the OS patches per the sun and java sites. I have a couple classes which implement
the Blowfish encryption algorithm using the JCE. These work standalone when compiled using
javac and executed via java command line. Each works if the JCE is statically configured via
the java.security file or dynamically via the addProvider() call. When I call these classes
from a jsp using Tomcat I get an error "Cannot set up certs for trusted CAs" I have tried
using various JVMs by setting the jvm.cfg file (Hotspot, et. al) Standalone things work fine,
jsp compilation/execution from Tomcat errors. Any help is appreciated.