tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Bauman <n...@cortexity.com>
Subject Re: BugRat Report #115 has been filed.
Date Thu, 14 Sep 2000 14:07:54 GMT
Give us the version of your java. Is it Sun's JDK, Blackdown?  (find
out EXACTLY where javac is installed)

Because my javac supports the encoding flag, and I'm running jdk
.1.18 from IBM. Remember the default encoding of a java source file is
UTF-8. If you have unicode in your source files and you don't spec the
encoding it won't compile.

Someone from IBM, does Jikes support any other encoding than UTF-8? I
doesn't seem to. Can you confirm?

On Thu, 14 Sep 2000, BugRat Mail System wrote:

> Bug report #115 has just been filed.
>
> You can view the report at the following URL:
>
>    <http://znutar.cortexity.com:8888/BugRatViewer/ShowReport/115>
>
> REPORT #115 Details.
>
> Project: Tomcat
> Category: Bug Report
> SubCategory: New Bug Report
> Class: swbug
> State: received
> Severity: critical
> Confidence: public
> Environment:
>    Release: Tomcat 3.1
>    JVM Release: 1.2.2
>    Operating System: Linux
>    OS Release: Caldera 2.4
>    Platform: Linux
>
> Synopsis:
> Not able to run demo JSP pages

> I get the following error:
>
> Error: 500
>
> Location: /examples/jsp/sessions/carts.jsp
>
> Internal Servlet Error:
>
> org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Unable to compile class for JSPjsp->javac: invalid
flag: -encoding
> use: jsp->javac [-g][-O][-debug][-depend][-nowarn][-verbose][-classpath path][-nowrite][-d
dir] file.java...

>         at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java, Compiled Code)
>         at org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet.loadJSP(JspServlet.java, Compiled Code)
>         at org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet$JspServletWrapper.loadIfNecessary(JspServlet.java,
Compiled Code)
>         at org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet$JspServletWrapper.service(JspServlet.java,
Compiled Code)
>         at org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java, Compiled
Code)
>         at org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java, Compiled Code)
>         at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java, Compiled Code)
>         at org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.handleRequest(ServletWrapper.java, Compiled
Code)
>         at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(ContextManager.java, Compiled
Code)
>         at org.apache.tomcat.service.http.HttpConnectionHandler.processConnection(HttpConnectionHandler.java,
Compiled Code)
>         at org.apache.tomcat.service.TcpConnectionThread.run(SimpleTcpEndpoint.java,
Compiled Code)