tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From cmanola...@yahoo.com
Subject Re: Issue with org.apache.tomcat.service.http.HttpInterceptor
Date Wed, 27 Sep 2000 01:11:26 GMT
Hi,

HttpInterceptor is part of 3.3 tree.
....service.http.HttpInterceptor will be deprecated - as the whole
service package.

I did a major refactoring of the whole package, and moved it to
org.apache.tomcat.modules.server

The main change is the move from Connector to normal Interceptors. This
allows server adapters to participate in all request processing stages,
and will help in many ways - delaying expensive operations, better
integration, etc.

It also simplifies the setup - now the same mechanism is used instead of
the old parameter name/value hack. Please take a look at the new code.

As a commiter you can change anything
you want and feel is useful in the development branch. We use
"commit-then-review" mechanism - i.e. if anyone feels your change is
not good can -1 it ( I don't think that happened more than 1-2 times
). Don't worry if you brake something - everything can be fixed, as
long as you feel the change is worth it.

After 3.3 I hope no major change will happen in core, and I'll propose a
"review-than-commit" policy for the core ( i.e. try to keep the internal
API as stable as possible, so that interceptors and facades can be
developed and improved ). Of course, if anyone will have good ideas to
improve the core after 3.3 I'm sure that will happen, but I think we are
close to something simple and good enough.

Costin