tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From cmanola...@yahoo.com
Subject RE: Outstanding bugs before 3.2 final?
Date Thu, 21 Sep 2000 19:53:13 GMT
> IMHO, being able to easily guarantee that stack traces can't
> occur is serious enough that it should be addressed in
> Tomcat 3.2.  With stack traces in the default handler,
> it would be difficult to insure that the default handler
> couldn't accidentally be invoked under the right conditions.

+1 on adding an option ( it can be a simple get/setStackTraces in
contextManager or context -> and the config magic will
allow stackTraces="true" in <context> or <contextManager> )

+0 on making the default secure ( the default should allways be secure,
but most of the time tomcat will be used for development)

> I would assume that Tomcat 3.2 won't get any maintenance
> releases the same as Tomcat 3.1.  I'm reluctant to just
> let Tomcat 3.2 ship because it isn't clear when Tomcat 3.3
> will be ready.

So far we had 3-4 months per release.