tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From cmanola...@yahoo.com
Subject RE: Outstanding bugs before 3.2 final?
Date Wed, 20 Sep 2000 19:58:55 GMT
> i remember filing at least two bugs in the old bugzilla which were never
> addressed..i worked around em and forgot about it...lots more were posted
> to the mailing list but were forgotten as well. *sigh*...tomcats stable
> enough anyway..dont know if anyone wants these bugs addressed..they dont
> bother me anymore anyway.

Of course we want all bugs addressed, it's just a matter of time and
resources. As long as we are moving forward and each new release builds on
top of the previous ( i.e. it's better ).

It's very important to be able to identify CRITICAL bugs:
- regressions ( worked fine in 3.1, doesn't work in 3.2 )
- spec implementation
- stability ( tomcat crashes )

Some bugs require a lot of work and/or code changes that may affect the
stability and can't be done at a beta4 stage, but we'll have to address
them in a future release.

Costin