tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From cmanola...@yahoo.com
Subject Re: add context.getVersion() and context.getWebAppName() ?
Date Tue, 19 Sep 2000 02:24:30 GMT
One way to do this is to write a tomcat module ( interceptor ) that will
set ( tomcat-specific, non-standard ) attribute. The API allows a
container to provide container-specific attributes ( AFAIK ).

I don't know what getVersion() means - it's not defined in web.xml.

You can access the internal objects ( Context, Request, etc) only from
trusted apps - that will make imposible to run your apps in a sandbox or
in a secure manner.

Costin