tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From cmanola...@yahoo.com
Subject Re: Directory listing problem and two way authentication bugfix/enhancement
Date Mon, 18 Sep 2000 15:15:05 GMT
> an answer from Ismael Blesa Part.  He told me that what I was experiencing
> was a "directory listing problem".  This problem behaves in a way that if
> you type in https://localhost/ on your browser the webserver is redirecting
> the browser to the address http://localhost:443/index.html instead of
> https://localhost/index.html which is a bad thing since the browser then
> doesn't know that he's talking through SSL.

Can you try to add "secure="true"" to the tcp connector configuration ?
This is supposed to let tomcat know it's a secure connection.

( it's very hard to detect this - the adapter may use a different
implementation than JSSE, or it may use TCP to get requests from
Apache+SSL, etc ).

Let me know if this helps.

Costin