tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From cmanola...@yahoo.com
Subject RE: mod_rewrite Interceptor - feedback please!!
Date Thu, 14 Sep 2000 01:04:02 GMT
Hi,

Before another war starts ( as this is definely not compliant with the
servlet spec - even worse than the case-sensitive problem ), can you tell
me how does Apache pass this information ?

What you do is a "special" mapping, common in Apache, IIS, NES ( and web
server ) world, but illegal in servlets. That probably
means it will never be enabled by default ( I hope we'll find a way to
check in all the contributed interceptors - in a contrib/ directory for
example).

Let me know how I can help, as I would like this problem
resolved. Fact  is that servlet API define a ( maybe perfect ) set of
mapping rules and all other servers use a ( maybe completely stupid
) different set of rules, and as long as Apache and other web server will
persist in mistake and implement the "wrong" mappings they
implemented for years, we'll have to have a way to  deal with that.

Costin