tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From cmanola...@yahoo.com
Subject RE: Where should LoadOnStartupInterceptor go in server.xml
Date Wed, 13 Sep 2000 06:12:05 GMT
> However, I noted that when loadJSP() in LoadOnStartupInterceptor.java
> calls "request.getSession(true)" it triggers the long initialization for
> session ID generation.

I agree - it shouldn't call getSession( true ).

> I wouldn't think the precompile and preload of a JSP would need a
> session ID.  Do you have a problem removing this getSession() call for
> Tomcat 3.2 and/or 3.3?  I didn't see any problems when testing this.

+1 to remove it. I think it's almost a bug if the code calls getSession to
pre-compile or init servlets. ( the way jasper is interfaced with tomcat
is a hack. If anyone has time to take a look a JspInterceptor, it may
improve this ).

Costin

( I have a deadline on 20, sorry if I can't contribute too much until then)