tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "David R. Smith" <drsm...@well.com>
Subject Has anyone run Tomcat in JDK 1.4?
Date Tue, 12 Sep 2000 21:47:12 GMT
Hi all,
I'm trying to run Tomcat 3.1 under JDK 1.4 beta.  So far, no luck.
Right after Tomcat starts, it stops with a classdef not found error,
claiming that it can't find com.sun.xml.parser.Parser  (which is
there, in xml.jar, and it's in the classpath).

This is a Tomcat installation that runs just fine in JDK 1.3, on NT.
But if I tweak the tomcat.bat file to use JDK 1.4, it halts with
the classdef not found error.

Anyone have any tips on working around this problem?
Or for that matter, can anyone simply say whether they've
gotten Tomcat to work with 1.4?

Thanks in advance
Dave