tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "yhs@mimic.onesourcecorp.com" <...@mimic.onesourcecorp.com>
Subject Re: Outstanding bugs before 3.2 final?
Date Fri, 22 Sep 2000 16:11:02 GMT

On Thu, 21 Sep 2000, Alex Chaffee wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 21, 2000 at 03:10:08PM -0400, Larry Isaacs wrote:
><SNIP>
> This is a slippery slope and is not good enough to hold up 3.2 any
> longer.
>
>   - A
>
> P.S. SHIP NOW
>
> --
> Alex Chaffee                       mailto:alex@jguru.com

IMHO this is dangerous. there is *no* real reason to ship until all the
bugs are squashed out. simply shipping for the sake of shipping without
considering all the bugs would turn tomcat into commercial quality
software which it isnt. whats the point of having a bug repository if bugs
arent squashed or even looked at ? we should hold tomcat to a higher
standard than simply shipping because we're bored of waiting for it.
I should point out that several bugs havent been squashed which render the
cookie spec useless (you cant modify or delete cookies) and bugs which
lock up tomcat havent been closed yet. I think these are *good* reasons to
hold tomcat up and should be considered. just my 2c.
-Ys-
yhs@mimic.onesourcecorp.com