tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Leonard <br...@brainslug.org>
Subject RE: [ANNOUNCE] Nightly Builds of Tomcat 4.0-dev (pre-alpha)
Date Wed, 06 Sep 2000 07:56:35 GMT
> >   Costin's recent post about his many plans for tomcat, which I
> > assume to be tomcat 3.x, seems to imply that both code bases
> > have long-term plans.
>
> I can't speak about anything else, but I hope you don't mind
> if I have plans for tomcat 3.x.

Not at all. I've had a few apps running under something between 3.0 and 3.1
for quite some time.  Haven't had any problems, so waiting for the official
3.2 release hasn't been painful.  Nice work.

As I recall, some of the enhancements you mentioned were fairly large-scale
and most likely will extend beyond the tomcat 4.0 release, which appears
will be catalina-based.  I guess I'm just curious as to your plans for when
that happens.  Are we looking at 3.x splintering off from the "official"
container?

-bl