tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Rob Clevenger" <...@robsite.org>
Subject RE: Windows batch files for Tomcat 3.2
Date Sat, 02 Sep 2000 21:06:23 GMT
Works on Windows ME.

Rob

-----Original Message-----
From: Larry Isaacs [mailto:larryisaacs@mindspring.com]
Sent: Saturday, September 02, 2000 1:46 PM
To: tomcat-dev@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Windows batch files for Tomcat 3.2

Attached is a proposed set of Windows batch files for Tomcat 3.2.

They implement the following features:

1) JAVA_HOME may contain spaces.
2) "%JAVA_HOME%\bin\java" is used as executable (Bug# 43 from Jim Cook)
3) TOMCAT_HOME may contain spaces
4) If TOMCAT_HOME doesn't contain spaces, CLASSPATH is set dynamically.
5) If TOMCAT_HOME contains spaces, a message is displayed and CLASSPATH is
set statically.
6) On NT, a title is displayed on taskbar button (This is actually required
by #2 above.)

This set works for me on Win98SE and NT 4.0.  Let me know if problems are
found on Win95 or Win2000.

Sam, if these look okay to you, let me know and I'll commit them.  Otherwise
I'll wait for feedback.

Cheers,
Larry